Wednesday 19 November 2014

Those 3 years – Balancing Training and Studies (For the “How many Hours” Lovers ;-) )










Hi Guys!!







I will narrate out my whole journey of 3 years from the time I cleared my IPCC (May 2011) till my Final Exams (May 2014). After results in August 2011, I joined articleship training with a mid-sized firm in Jaipur. In Dec 2011 I started my tuitions for Accounts, Cost and FM. But I had to go for an outstation audit and I literally missed 50% of these tuitions. What I did then was compiled all the notes myself and studied on own and completed first reading of these subjects from March 2012 to November 2012 and continued with articleship. During this time I used to study 2-3 hours on an average daily.


In December 2012 I joined classes for Law and Audit. I don’t go into the question whether we require law and audit tuition or not here. My purpose was to have a routine where I am reading daily the subjects for 2-3 hours. So December 2012 to March 2013, I was having these classes (2-3 hours daily) and office.


From April 2013 to June 2013 I revised accounts, cost and FM. In July 2013, I started tuitions of DT and IDT- 1 hour each so making it 2 hours of classes and office. Once September season was over I started ISCA tuition of 1 hour daily. So from October 2013 to December 2013 it was 3 hours of classes and office.


From January 2014 I took leave from office and in January all these 3 classes DT, IDT and ISCA completed. So Jan was less hectic consisting of only 3 hours of classes and self-study at home.

From February 2014 to June 2014 till exam completion it was only self-study and taking test series of DT and IDT. On an average I studied 7-8 hours daily during this time period other than exams. During exams I used to study 13-14 hours daily.


Guys the purpose of posting it here is not to make you imitate it but to just give an idea of how balancing can be done.


Some suggestions:


1.       3 Readings per subject before exams and complete reading during exams has to be the strategy.

     2.       Training and studies are complementary. To achieve best results one should balance rather than pursue one at the cost of other.Moreover regularity is the key.




3.       If after reading above you feel that you are slightly behind, don’t take a setback rather start putting in more efforts from today itself.


4.       Missing classes is a thing that will definitely happen. Reason is that out of classes and office only thing that can be missed is classes (We cannot control office). The key after you miss class is how soon you recover and complete the notes.




5.   And last but not the least, daily revise the classroom discussions at home for half an hour. Generally a 2-3 hour class can be easily revised in half an hour at home.







Thanks for reading guys. I will come back soon with subject wise study materials and approach of reading and revision.




Regards
Sanjay Nawandhars

3 comments:

  1. this information is very excellent so its helpful for us. check it now below the link
    CA firms for articleship in Jaipur

    ReplyDelete

  2. thank you for your guideline, this article is very helpful. its so good
    Best CA Firms in Rajasthan

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blogs are so helpful and thank you for sharing with us. CA firms for articleship in Jaipur and also leading in the Direct taxation service provider in Jaipur

    ReplyDelete