Tuesday 18 November 2014

The First Step – GOAL SETTING

Goals are the target from an activity we do. This is the first blog that I am writing and the goal is to reach out as many students as possible, as doing the same one on one is difficult. What follows are mainly my personal experiences on goal setting and their achievement.

It is important to set a high and pragmatic goal- one which is achievable but only when we realize our full potential. It means the goal itself becomes a motivation.


Let me explain why setting a high goal is important with an academic point of view. Goal can be the marks that we want to achieve in each subject. See if we target to secure 70% marks then what we do is subconsciously program our mind to have a grasp at only 70% of things. It has a multiplier effect. When we are studying we consciously leave 30% of portions, then our subconscious mind retains only 70% of what we had studied and we end up at around 49%. This multiplier thing applies everywhere. So what’s important is set as high goals as you believe you can achieve.


Do consult seniors and mentor when you set goals for yourself. There should be no hesitation in it. Even Lord Hanuman required Jambavan to remind him that he had power to fly.


Once you have set your goals, write it down, go and tell it to everyone-of course not randomly but your family, friends and seniors.Unless this is done a goal remains just a dream. There is no bigger motivation then peer pressure.


Believe in goals you have set, Honestly work hard to achieve them and Be optimistic. There is a saying -“Believe you have received and you shall receive”.






When I gave my CPT exams all I wanted was a name in merit list which I did but was 6th. From there on one of my mentor motivated me to target 1st rank which I did but fall short by 1 mark in IPCC. The restlessness created by that meager shortfall helped me achieve the 1st rank in CA Finals. It was not by chance but a result of dedicated hard work.  The goal to reiterate it here is not to boast about my achievements but to motivate some budding Chartered Accountants. Even if one student is motivated by this, my purpose will be solved.




Thanks for reading. I will soon come back with my schedule and my approach of studying. 

Regards
Sanjay Nawandhar

2 comments:

  1. The risk is not that one sets high goals and fails to achieve them but the risk is one sets low goals and achieve them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sanjay,
    Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am currently going through a challenging time in my life and wondering what my worth is and you have inspired me a lot.

    Its really nice and inspiring to hear from guys like you.

    Keep motivating us..

    ReplyDelete